Boys! I'm surrounded by boys!

My sister and I went to each other's Holiday Parties this past weekend. I work for a software company and my sister a law firm. Her party was so much more fun than mine. If it wasn't for my Sales guys, I think I might have fallen asleep in my salad. There are no hip people at my company. None. The venue was beautiful, but the atmosphere was frigid and people were trying to act like it was the best place ever. Next year if I'm there, I'm joining the planning committee, cause no. That can never happen again.

With that said, let's get onto Guy #1: He is one of the guys on my floor. One of those athletic, guy's guy. He doesn't take himself too seriously. He knows how to work hard and play hard. He's just yummy. He's totally not my style. He's good-looking, nice body, but just not my style. However, there is this tension I'm feeling when we're together. I've seen him give me the once over more than once. ;) Two problems though, he's 4 years younger than I and we work together. Two big no-no's. So I just enjoy the what-if of him.

Guy#2: I met him at my sister's Holiday Party. The one that was at a cool lounge in downtown LA, with an open PREMIUM SPIRITS bar. 500 people strolling through the place but it doesn't seem crowded. Great music, great food, great atmosphere. Toward the end of the night I'm sitting by myself waiting for my sister to say goodbye to all 500 of them, that girl is networker to her heart. This guy happens to sit next to me. At first he was talking to some people and I don't pay him any mind. Then the people disappeared and he and I start talking. He seemed cute. There was an easy flow of conversation. He was a little lit though, so maybe he was funny because of the liquor. He has a kind of Kal Penn vibe about him. That was cool, but again, not really my type. However, I did give him my phone number. I know I know. Why? Well, because I usually very picky. Not about looks or what the person does (lawyer who is starting his own practice), but just about the feeling I get when I'm around the person. If the vibe is right, I'll take it a step further and give them my number. Besides, I never think a guy is going to call, so it didn't matter to me. Well, he did call. He was sober so the conversation had some ackward pauses. We left off with trying to figure out a time to meet up. He said he was going to be out of town this week and I'm busy the next week (he didn't like that too much), so we'll see.

I'm done with the madness of the past few months, so I'll be writing more often. Also, I have to catch up with all of your blogs. I try to at least keep up with So@, but that little bugger has been busy!

Happy Holidays!!

P.S. Check out Val's Blog, she's traveling South East Asia.
http://valsgreatadventure.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Trixie Firecracker said...

As my friend pointed out, "let's hang out" = a cop out, but hey, sometimes it works!

JerseySjov said...

ha i love when there's something nice at work to just look at, even if you know it's not going anywhere

So@24 said...

I appreciate the love, Nik

Val said...

thanks for the shoutout love!

miss you guys a ton, but i'll be home soon and then the party's on

Anonymous said...

I love that you noticed guy #2's alcohol effect! As Jaime Foxx sings, "Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-a-alcohol"