Chivalry is soooo dead!!

I'm a strong capable woman. I'm very self sufficient and independent. I can take care of myself in most situations. However, there comes a time when if I'm struggling with something and there is a male around who can lend a helping hand, I expect his help. Is that so much to ask? I mean really.

I was dropping off a car at the rental car place and I had all this shit in my hands, my laptop bag, gym bag and purse. After I finished settling the bill I needed a ride to the dealership to pick up my car. Remember, I'm struggling with my three bags. Does the Rental Car guy open the car door for me so I can put the bags in the back, or maybe pop the trunk? NO! When we get to the dealership, does he offer to help get the bags out the car? NO!! Does he even gesture in any way to help me with my bags? HELL NO!!! I got out of the car and before I could open the back door, he's putting the car in reverse. WTF???!!!!

I know there is women's lib and women have made great strides in social equality, but DAMN!! Sometimes it's not about gender equality, but more about human decency. I would have offered to help him if the roles were reversed.

Regardless, I don't care how much gender equality there is, sometimes a lady should be treated like a lady. Dumb Fucker. ;)

5 comments:

JerseySjov said...

that guy was definitely just an ass. regardless of gender, someone holding a bunch of crap should be helped out.

on the flip side of the coin, i'm an independent-as-hell female, and i have to tell myself often to not get all pissed off when guys go out of their way to open doors, etc. i have to tell myself they're just trying to be nice; if enough girls flip out at the door-openers they're going to die out completely.

The Charming Hedonist said...

I don't care how strong, independent and capable I am, I still expect chilvary. A benefit of living in the South, I guess.

Trixie Firecracker said...

I think this isn't just about chivalry as much as it is about helping someone out in need. If you were a guy in this situation and someone wouldn't help you in that situation, I think that would be unfair too.

raych said...

i agree! women should still be treated like ladies.

i feel like i do it more so as a lesbian than some of these guys i keep reading about

raych said...

..and ... on top of that...i guess i'm lucky because although i look like a big ol' homo, the men and my life still treat me like a woman .. as they should! =)