Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ra...YES.

Fact #1: There are over 31 million people in the U.S. who are of Irish descent. This is almost 8 times more Irish than in Ireland itself (with a population of 4 million.)

Fact #2: Irish-American boys are enjoyable.

Fact #3: IRISH boys (from Ireland proper) are MORE enjoyable. Is it the concentration of genes? The whole european boy mystique? WHO CARES! It's an across the board consensus with us gals (particularly...ahem... T and Linds) that Irish boys are delectable.

So now it's only fair that since I covered the glorious glories of Scottish lads two months or so back, that I should pay equal homage to our Irish boys and their lucky charms. Below, I've listed 15 lovely laddies for your viewing pleasure.

Let us wander these fields aplenty, shall we?


#15: Damien Duff (born in Ballyboden, County Dublin)

Ok. Why in God's green earth do we find redheads enjoyable? Because we do. Because. We. Do. Behold Irish footballer Damien Duff, who is so adorable and yet so sexy that I don't know if I should ruffle his hair or pull it.


#14: Robbie Keane (born in Tallaght, County Dublin)
>

Another famous Irish footballer (and you better know I mean SOCCER football!)

Um. Hi. Hi there. ... Hi.


#13: Robert O'Connor (born in Dublin, County Dublin)

He's a singer. He's a songwriter. He's a model. He's so scruffy and boyishly adorable that I want to mess with his hair, pinch his cheeks, then run away. But I think I'll leave that to Lindsay.


#12: Cillian Murphy (born in Douglas, County Cork)

Sexy in that mesmerizing but "don't be alone with him he might do something to you" sort of way. Oy Vey. Ahem...

Ok...

MOVING ON!



#11: Gabriel Byrne (born in Dublin)


Can I just say "MECHA-GLORIOUS"? I know that's not really a word, but can I? Because YEAH. Because TALENTED. And because SEXY in that rumpled, world-weary, worn around the edges, older-man-that-I'm-sure-can-possibly-teach-you-things sort of way.


#10: Shane Lynch (born in Dublin)

Ex-Boyzone band member, sometimes motorsports racer and sometimes actor (and reality TV star.) I kind of feel guilty for enjoying him, but not too guilty. Behold the tats.


#9: Pierce Brosnan (born in Drogheda, County Louth)


Number One Bond will ALWAYS be Mr. Connery. But Number Two Bond will ALWAYS be Mr. Brosnan, hands down. No exceptions. (Sorry Valerie!)


#8: Stuart Townsend (born in Howth, County Dublin)


Let's forget his roles in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and Queen of the Damned shall we? I know that most of you gals can look past this and into his eyes and forgive. So a moment of silence while we appreciate....


Ok, thank you.


#7: Ronan Keating (born in Bayside, County Dublin)


Another ex-Boyzone member - the lead singer this time. I know you're all mesmerized by The Pretty. But break away for a moment, if you can, because it gets worse.


#6: Jonathan Rhys-Meyers (born in Dublin)

I told you it got worse. The ultimate pretty of The Pretties based on our informal girlfriends' poll. Nikkia has much to say about Sir Loveliness. Yes Nikkia, yes I know. As for me, my fascination is more in his near-androgynous gorgeous looks, my fascination not being sexual in the least. No, really.

I really enjoyed him in Velvet Goldmine. But then I think it was more his character Brian Slade/Maxwell Demon that I loved. (My whole glam-rock fabulousness obsession and all.) Whatever. Here's some piccies. (Including him as Maxwell Demon. Yes.)


#5: Glenn Quinn (born in Dublin)

Do you remember him in Angel? I do. And he was only in like, 9 episodes, then he sacrificed himself so that others may live. I wanted to see more of him, but then he had to go and die of a heroin overdose in 2002. (Thanks.)


#4: Michael Fassbender (grew up in Killarney, County Kerry)

Ok, did you even SEE him in 300? DID YOU????


#3: Larry Mullen, Jr. (born in Artane, County Dublin)
My fascination with drummers continues. No wait, HE was the one who really started it all. I wonder if he has any sons....


#2: Damien Rice (born in Celbridge, County Kildare)

I was privileged enough to see him at Coachella this year and his lovely songs and earnest, beautiful tenor voice were enough to make me cry and hug him forever. This boy is too much. But I'm going to stop talking about him now because I can just see Lindsay standing over me with that "watch it" face so he's all yours now Linds.


#1: Colin Farrell (born in Castleknock, County Dublin)

Yeah.


Um...



Yeahhhh.

Why is he #1, you ask? I agree, he's not exactly the HOTTEST guy or the most talented artist or the most intelligent or the most charming. But I think he has to be #1 because he is hot ENOUGH and charming ENOUGH and there is that other thing... you know... that pesky naughty thing called "a reputation" that precedes him. And you know us girls and our thing for dirty dirty DIRTY - (no really - DIRTY) boys. I recall some very enjoyable discussions about Mr. Farrell over the past 4 years. And surprisingly, most of them were started by Tamara or Erin. Go fig.


Yeah.



Honorable Mention: The entire band Westlife (originated in County Sligo)

I just HAD to put this honorable mention down because us girls seem to look at Westlife with a bemused and entertained mentality. Also, I can't seem to separate the band members. Yeah - they kind of are a parcel deal.

Though they're not that particularly attractive, they're still enjoyable in some respect and that's really all. They serve their purpose, so there. No apologies.


FIN.

Coming soon: The British Invasion

6 comments:

T!! said...

Bravah, my friend, bravah! A wonderful list. Such pretty gems, some of them new (hazzah for footballers!).

Ah, Glenn Quinn - such a damn shame. I heart(ed) him.

And hell yes Colin Farrell. You're just as entranced by him as Erin and I are.

To add one last thing about Westlife: they covered "Don'tcha" by the Pussycat Dolls in concert last year, complete with dance club remix breakdown. That is why I truly enjoy them.

T!! said...

YouTube has the Westlife performance. You want to watch it...I know you do.

Anonymous said...

T was over your shoulder helping you write this, huh? I could tell....:)

T!! said...

I'd like to add Jason O'Mara to the least. He can currently be seen in "Men In Trees" on ABC and was just cast in the American version of "Life on Mars".
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0641816/

And no, I wasn't over her shoulder when she wrote this...she just knows me well. ;)

Mo said...

Ah, I have no problem adding Mr. O'Mara to the list. I have seen pics. He is lovely.

T!! said...

And married. They're always married. Dammit.