A New Year

It's the end of the year and with all this time on my hands, I've become extremely contemplative. This past week or so, I've been asking myself some serious life-changing questions. Is the job I have really where I want to be? I think we all know the answer to that question. Is this the year I should stop playing around and look to settle down, be in a relationship? Still trying to figure that one out. Does my ass look fat in these jeans? Yes, and I love it! I like my ass, if you haven't already guessed.

In all seriousness when the year comes to an end, I like to think that we all reflect on the year past and the year ahead. Think about the things we should have done and shouldn't have, the things we want to do different. I don't do anything as structured as write a detailed list. I've found that every time I write down my resolutions, I lose the paper and don't find it until the next year. However, whenever that piece of paper, or in my case WORD document, resurfaces, most of my list has been accomplished. So what do you do? Do you have a list and follow it to the T? What's on it? Also, what's your favorite way to spend New Year's Eve? My favorite so far is in another country with old friends and some new ones.


ciao,

Nik

2 comments:

JerseySjov said...

oh, god, new years' resolutions...
i never make them because im prone to forgetting things like that.
last year i made a late new years' resolution because the idea coincided with me going back to school for spring semester [it was to stop sleeping with guys the first night i met them]. i had decided on it when i went home for winter break, but since break = dry spell it didnt go into effect until the return to school.

Trixie Firecracker said...

I gave up on resolutions since I know I'll never accomplish them. Plus I figure I can make a resolution anytime, not just New Year's