No Touchy!

Yes, I've been absent from the blog for a looooooong time but I've been stupid busy (more on that later). But I really have the need to vent right now.

So my and my sister go out tonight and make two stops - #1: The show for a band a friend plays in (not Seb, another guy) for his birthday; #2: A bar near my house that we adore where there is dancing on the weekends.

The second stop wasn't planned but it's so close to home, we thought we'd roll by and check it out. Walking up the block to get to the bar, this drunk dude told us that he loved us and thought we were pretty in Spanish while rolling a handmade cigarette. Which would've been sort of charming had it not been for the whole rolling action.

Then, on the way in, this short, rotund dude I'd never, ever date decided it was a good idea to grab my arm and say, "You would get here just as I was leaving."

My response? Pulling my arm away and giving him a look that most likely said, "Bitch please."

We only stayed for about 10 minutes and decided we were much too tired to stick around and, on the way out, Dude I'd Never Date #2 decided it was a good idea to grab my elbow to get my attention. I glanced at him and pulled my arm away and guess what? He just grabbed at my elbow some more. I think he might've been saying something but I honestly can't recall. I yanked my arm away (which now felt dirty), looked at him like he was crazy and kept walking.

I. Fucking. Hate. That.

I'm still kind of pissed off about it, actually. I've talked about The Grabber before. I've never been a fan but it hasn't happen in so long that I forgot just how much I hate it. And sweet buttery Christmas, it happened TWICE in a 10 minutes span!

Look, if I'm leaving or you're leaving, whatever the fuck, don't grab me. I don't know about you but I've been trained to instantly be prepared to defend myself if a stranger grabs me from out of nowhere. Unless I turn around and it's The Rock or Jensen Ackles, all you're doing is setting yourself up for a dirty look at best, physical assault at worst. And I don't know a single woman that particular move works on, do you?

So, my bit of advice in the wee hours of this Saturday morning is, if you're really interested in talking to a girl, take the time to tap her on the shoulder or say excuse me or say excuse me while gently taking her hand or square dance in front of her or almost anything other than laying your paws on her. Because immediate disqualification. Or immediate knee to the groin.

5 comments:

JerseySjov said...

i'd rather have a guy grab my elbow to get my attention rather than suddenly have a stranger's dick grinding up on my ass on the dancefloor telling me how sexy i look and how i'm stealing the spotlight from every other girl in the room.
all i can say about that situation is how happy i was that i was with my gay guys and sandwiched myself between them to escape the creep

Trixie Firecracker said...

I'd suggest bringing along your largest guy friend as a bouncer!

Deanna said...

sooo annoying! i also hate this and just dont understand what they are thinking when they do this. i've even go so far as to push a guy's hand away who was grabbing a random girl! i think he was surprised, but he needed to know it's not OK. i'm pretty sure i've even gotten a few guys kicked out of bars for that shit. totally gross and unacceptable.

Anonymous said...

You are my phrase goddess. "Sweet buttery Christmas"!

A man who is so clueless as to not know when a woman doesn't want him to touch him really needs his arms removed.

T!! said...

jersey - Uninvited package contact is also a big no-no. And it's almost always a smarmy, ugly dude which makes it twice as bad. Shank shank.

trixie - Most of my guy friends suck and flake on me or I'm way taller than. Lame.

D - I've rescued random girls in bars/clubs too. It's very necessary because you never know.

silk - Thank you! I try my best to come with the newness. Also, I've decided to use "Sandy up" as in "to make-over in an alluring and/or titillating fashion as in Grease."

Example: That hot guy is coming over so I really need to Sandy up the place.