Christina Aguilera's Make-Up Artist = Fantastique!

So, one day I'm watching videos over a friend's house and the P. Diddy-I-Diddly-I-A and Xtina collaboration "Tell Me" comes on. It's a surprisingly great track (since Diddy tracks can be uneven at times - not nearly as bad as Pharrell, but that's for another post). But what I really can't get over is how great Miss Thang looks in it.

I mean, fantastic. Mesmerizing even.

Because often times in the past she's looked a little drag with the super-red lips and eyelashes and the little-too-much-shadow action (which I understand was the point during her "Lady Marmalade" days, but still...I'm just saying). And I know that stage/film make-up tends to be a bit heavy-handed because it has to be, however, there is a way to do super-red lips without it looking....off. And it's finally happened for her. And it's still happening for her. Just look at those pics from the Grammys. Incredible, I tell you. Especially considering some of her previous looks.

The whole old-school glamour philosophy is really working for her and I congratulate her on the stellar fashion direction she's chosen.

Also, whoever this make-up person is, kudos my friend! You are a credit to your profession and whatever crazy amount of money you're getting paid is 1000% worth it.

If you're up for doing some charity work (meaning free because I'm poor), give me a call.

2 comments:

Mo said...

Girl, I'm with you on this one! You know how I love makeup and that includes a good makeup job. Christina is indeed sublime.

Although I notice that the older I get, the more I'm into the "natural" look...

Two best beauty tips ever: drink lots of water and use a good moisturizer for your skin type! (something with spf 15 or higher for day and something with lots of vitamins and nutrients for night.)

dj said...

SO true. i'm loving her new look. she still pulls off that old hollywood glamour without the tramp stamp...so to speak.