F*ck Off

I'm at the Silver Lake Coffee Shop, looking forward to a little morning pick-me-up and a little personal peace-and-quiet time, when I hear an annoyingly snide voice in my ear quip "a soy chai?! god, that's such a chick drink!" I turn around to see what damn fool is bothering me before I've had my caffeine injection for the day, and oh if it isn't Mr. Emo, Too Cool for School, Tattoos On My Biceps, Rings In My Lip and oh god is that your EYELID?! guy. Unsure of exactly how to respond since I have ruled out bashing his face in with my wallet, I simply raise an eyebrow in his general direction. "I'm off coffee." That should do it, mission accompli....
"That's retarded, why would you go off coffee just to switch to another type of caffeinated stimulant?" Shit. Not only did I just unintentionally initiate conversation, but he's right. And he's a pompous ass. Caffeinated Stimulant? Gimme a break. I realize he wasn't hitting on me, but can I please just order a god damn drink without comments from the peanut gallery! Fuck.
And if that indeed was a misguided attempt at hitting on me (though I'm disinclined to believe anyone really thinks that the Insult Tactic works, especially at 8:00 am), then throw in the towel dude, you failed.

7 comments:

dj said...

sounds like we both had similiar, horrifying weekends. cheers.

T!! said...

You should've replied, "Because studies have shown coffee turns people into insufferable tools. Looks like it's too late for you."

Anonymous said...

Whatta tard. Ick.

I hate hate HATE general peanut gallery complaints from strangers. Worry about your own body, damn you. Ooops. Too late.

Mo said...

*sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* Why does it seem to me that most (meaning ALL) people I know who make snide, critical comments about other people's business tend to be men? Is it a competitiveness thing? Is it a "yeah, I'm insecure about MYSELF, so I'll bash everyone else around me to make myself look good and cool?" wtf. This is not junior high folks. And even if it was, I'd send this dude to detention.

T!! said...

It's so passing-notes-in-5th-period-Engligh, so "Mean Girls", and so very LAME. Why can't insecure men be like women and whisper shit under their breath to their friends behind someone's back? That's the civilized way to do it.

Though I do think it was a misguided attempt to hit on Val. Which is doublely lame.

gina said...

where is chuck norris when you need him?

douchebag.

Anonymous said...

What's up to every body, it's my first pay a visit
of this webpage; this website includes awesome and in fact
fine data in support of visitors.

Also visit my website; free weight loss programs