Mandy Moore is Awsome

In the past, I didn't particularly dig Miss Mandy. I didn't hate her, I was just...indifferent (though the way she stood kind of bugged me. I think it was the fact that she's tall but didn't seem to be comfortable with it. As an Amazon, I find that to be unfortunate and it bugs me.).

So, after a quick peek at gofugyourself.com, I followed a link to the interview she did for Elle magazine. After reading it, I must say that I kind of love Mandy Moore.

She's self-depricating, diplomatically honest, and extremely earnest. She's everything you want a starlet to be. She's Kirsten Dunst gone right (not that Kirsten is completly wrong, she's just not what everyone says she is - more on that later).

And I know that the person writing the article is supposed to paint the celebrity-du jour in a positive light, but you can tell it wasn't hard. After reading this article, I just want to find her, sit down with a cup of tea and some finger sandwiches and talk to her. Really talk to her. She seems that cool. She seems like someone who's come to terms with who she was, who she is, and that not everyone will like her. And she's okay with all of that, which is really important.

The article talks a lot about her upcoming album. Given the descriptions (left her former record label to write and record with lesser known artists as opposed to recording "surefire hits" with no feeling; a smattering of lyrics that express the complicated emotions regarding someone you love but hurt your feelings that definitely appeal to the poet in me), I'm totally going to buy it. I am.

I openly profess my love for Mandy Moore and I'm not ashamed. I'm just as shocked as you are.

2 comments:

Val said...

I've finally found someone who loves Mandy as much as I do! My goal for moving to LA was 1) find a job, 2) sign up at the same gym as Mandy Moore and strike up a casual conversation on the treadmills "wow, 4.2 incline huh"

T!! said...

Being that I find her so rad, I find her choice of boyfriends disturbing. We should both befriend her and intervene. We can introduce her to nice guys and openly poo-poo anyone she goes out with that wears mirrored sunglasses and giant belt buckles at the same time (*cough*WilmerValderama*cough*).