Thanks, you made my day

Walking through the hallways at work, picking through a sea of debris and discarded art project materials as students prepare for final presentations and tonight's Graduation Show. Precariously balancing an iced coffee in one hand and a stack of signs and sticky-tape in the other as I attempt to enjoy my cool caffeinated beverage and post directional signage at the same time. Tricky. In the middle of said balancing act, I hear "Hi, are you a student here?" I whip around and there is a not-bad-looking guy (kind of cute actually) regarding me with a friendly quizzical smile. "Actually I work here" I reply, and look around a bit awkwardly for somewhere to put down one of my two burdens. "Oh how embarassing..." he begins, and I interrupt to say "oh no it's ok, I know I look like a student. I work in Special Events, in Marketing & Communications over in the annex. Grad Show is one of our events." He looks relieved and says "Oh good, well I just wanted to tell you I think you're beautiful. That would have been kind of embarassing if you were an instructor" I reply "Oh, well thank you! Nope, not an instructor, I just work here. I'm Valerie." I hold out my hand, and he replies "Charlie, nice to meet you. Well, have a great event!" and waves as he walks off in the other direction.

Thanks Charlie, you made my day.

No comments: