I loves me some Scotsmen

Is it just ME, or are Scottish men amongst the GREATEST and AWESOMENESS specimens of male-dom on the planet?

I just came to that realization as I sat home sick the other day, bored out of my mind. I mean, besides Gerry "This is Sparta" Butler, whom any bitch that knows me, knows rules as king on my "sexy laddie" top 15, (knocking off - gasp - my long-time #1 Jason Statham) there's just a crazy number of amazing famous scotsmen out there to admire. (And thanks, Nikkia, for giving me the constant daydream in my head of rushing Gerry on campus and screaming "Gerry, it's me! Prepare for glory!")

But really, I mean, besides the fact that some of these famous highlanders are so easy on the eyes, almost all of them exude this... magnetic... addictive... charm. Is it the brisk, blustery weather? The oats? The kilts? The hundreds of years of oppression from the Brits concentrating into a whimsy outlook on life? I mean, a culture that can come up with haggis as a form of psuedo-edible and keep a straight face about it is worth a closer look, if you ask me. Ah well, whatever it is, it doesn't matter. For lo, I am well-pleased. I curtsy in your direction, my lords.


Gorgeous Scottish visions to behold:


Kevin McKidd (currently on the HBO Miniseries "Rome". GRRRRRRRR.)



Paul McGillion (Best known for his tenure in Stargate: Atlantis. Ok, given, he's technically a Canadian actor, but he was born in Scotland, so that counts, right? And look - he's representing for his birthplace with that jacket. Sometimes he can look... not so much, but in this pic, he's looking quite nice.)




James McAvoy (Don't recognize him? He was in Last King of Scotland... and The Chronic- WHAT!, etc. as Mr. Tumnus, The Faun. Rather adorable, if you ask me.)




Dougray Scott (Quite a lovely gentleman as well, don't you think? Currently doing the rounds in Desperate Housewives but best known for his roles in Mission Impossible II, Deep Impact, Another 9 1/2 Weeks, and as *sigh* Prince Henry in Ever After...)




Ewan MacGregor (Ah, Ewan, Ewan, Ewan, my darling... how far you've come since my first enlightened moments beholding your magnetic eyes as you dove into a filthy pub toilet to recover your suppository in Trainspotting.... It was enchantment ever since.)




And of course... Hee Hee Hee (MUST there be an introduction?????)



But you know, besides visions of Scottish tastiness dancing in my head, I must also represent for the amazingness - sheer AMAZINGNESS - of the Scotsmen below. Wickedly talented, horrendously humorous, and oozing oodles and oodles of charm to boot, they are the torch in the darkness, the nectar to my ambrosia, the joy amongst the bitterness, the wind beneath my wing. They are DEMIGODS in their own right, for they just *ROCK*. And THAT to me, makes them just as sexy.



Billy Connolly. (Two words: Kicks Ass. Does ANYONE remember when he had that short stint as their replacement instructor in the 80's sitcom Head of the Class? Howard Hesseman couldn't hold a candle. In fact, not very many people these days can.)



John Hannah (Truly brilliant. Truly impressive. Truly a fan, Mr. Hannah. I am sold on you. I first saw you on the big screen in Four Weddings and a Funeral and the poem scene caused two things to happen: one, I wept copious tears and two, you were immediately adored.)




Robert Carlyle (One of THE most talented sons of bitches I've ever laid eyes on. Wordless, complete respect. When I hear he's in a movie, I get *that* much more excited.)






And last but certainly not least -




Alan Cumming (This boy is too much for me to stand. He's just SCREAMING to be worshipped by me. I mean, let's go over the checklist, shall we? Talented, check. Hilarious, check. Witty beyond reason, check. Has sexy accent, check. Doesn't give a shit, check. Stylish, check. Gay Bisexual and loving it, check.... Sorry, Lindsay, I think I may have to beat you up for him.)








Coming soon: The Top 15 extravaganza

5 comments:

T!! said...

Hazzah for the Scots! Are there many Irish actors? Not Irish-American, actually from Ireland actors?

l.blue said...

uh... I thought we had finally agreed to play nice and share him, mo. if not, i will fight you TO THE DEATH. okay, maybe not to the death. i just thought that was more dramatic. oh, and let's include ewen in this agreement as well.

JAX said...

hahahahah OK

I officially LOVE YOUR BLOG

can I be part of the single girls club?

im totally a blogger and im totally single!

Mo said...

I must make a correction to my post about Alan Cumming. He is BISEXUAL, not gay. Huge apologies to my boy and well... that just gives us a bit of chance, du'nt it?

T!! said...

Thanks for the love Jax! We welcome any and all comments and perspectives. :)